Thursday, June 28, 2007

summer reading

So, school's out, and although I've got two jobs I'd still like to take in some summer pleasure reading. I'm going to check out what B&N list as top reads... I'm going to check out Oprah's list... and I'll probably see what the local library has to say, since that is where I'll get the books.

Two books for sure on my list this summer are:
Cry The Beloved Country - (own it but never read it)
A Million Little Pieces - (I know the drama around it, but I still wanna read it)


But I'm wondering, what books would YOU recommend? I'm up for anything that's not a text book, unless it has something to do with history (love it!).

And in case you're looking for a few good reads too, here's some I recommend...

The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
The Solace of Leaving Early - Haven Kimmel
A Girl Named Zippy - Haven Kimmel
Serving Crazy With Curry - Amulya Malladi
Flags of Our Fathers - James Bradley
House of Sand and Fog - Andre Dubus III
The Poisonwood Bible - Barbara Kingsolver

Look for me this weekend. I'll be the one hanging out at the gym, by the outdoor pool, reading a good book ;)

No comments: