when I woke up this morning and saw more snow on the ground, I could have cried. On a general note, I really enjoy winter. I've even been known to say that if I relocate, it'll need to be in a place that truly gets winter. But I am at my end with snow and cold and white and no grass and long underwear and wind burn. I'm done.
I got a text message from a humorous friend back home this morning: "65 degrees 2day!"
I got it right after I slipped on ice hidden beneath snow. I went frontward, back, front, back, then finally landed on my backside and tried to catch myself with my hand...and sprained my thumb. It made the text less humorous.
I know there are parts of the midwest and east getting more snow than we've got here, but please don't tell me to quit whining. I'm done, and that's that. I'm just done with winter.
Here are some local shots - my current home, and some friends standing on a local river when they came to visit a few weeks ago.
I've gotta say - having visitors from the west, two weekends in the past month, has been a huge gift. Huge.
Alright. I'm outta here. Gotta go bundle up before I go to bed.
ugh.


1 comment:
i empathize....i love CA :)
Post a Comment