I've been inspired by a friend in India to write a bit about my fairly newfound obsession with American Idol. I'm a late bloomer - what can I say? :)
Obviously I've been hearing the AI buzz for several years now, but it wasn't until last season that I made myself sit down and actually watch it...and subsequently got hooked! Last year was fun - in fact, I even treated myself to the AI concert when it cruised thru town last summer. THAT was a blast! One of those things where you know you're going to be surrounded by crazy fans, but you chalk it up to the experience and you just let yourself live a little. I went by myself and ended up getting a seat on the floor just 6 rows back from the stage. FUN! I really had a blast, and it was at a time when I just NEEDED to cut loose a little - just what the doctor ordered.
So as AI7 approached, I was waiting with bated breath! With every commercial I got more excited. And i have to say, I haven't been disappointed.
They (Paula, Randy, Simon) keep saying this is the most talented group they've had yet, which is pretty impressive! My personal faves include:
David Archuleta
David Cook
Michael Johns
Carly Smithston
Kristy Lee Cook (she's from my home state - what can I say?)
Syesha Mercado
and Brooke White
I've gotta say though, I honestly feel like the only girl worthy to go all the way is Carly. The others just don't even come close (sorry ladies). For the guys though, I really do think it could be any of those three. And how impressive is Archuleta? Dang - that boy's got it goin' on.
What about you? Are you an AI fan? Got a favorite pick? Got anyone you'd like to see gone already? The only one I really wish was already gone is Ramiele Malubay. It's all about her constant bawling. I'm sorry folks, but I just don't have patience for that - it's just too reminiscent of the girl bawling in the audience last season every time Sanjaya sang. That girl was 11 or something. yeah. Same category. Have I mentioned I don't score high on mercy? Compassion? Yes. Mercy? Not so much. Always at the bottom of my list.
So I say, "Put on your big-girl-pants, Ramiele, or take it home."
That's it from here. Have a great weekend - hopefully it's not snowing where you are.
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Okay, I've been watching the decision shows where they say who's kicked off etc. Here's my picks:
I wouldn't mind if Amanda Overmyer, Ramiele (I am SO with you on the annoying crying thing!), and Chikezie left. I really like:
Carly, David Archuleta, Jason Castro and Syesha!
Ugh. I can't believe Ramiele is still there. UGH!
I like Amanda - she's got a rough voice, but she seems very real, and I appreciate that!
Post a Comment