Tuesday, March 4, 2008

do not hold over people

Oooh! Two blogs in one week! Heck, two blogs in less than 24 hours!

This is what happens when I house sit at a place where they've got internet. :) This is also why I cannot afford to have internet at home - discipline (lack thereof) IS an issue.

So, I'm house/dog sitting, and it's morning in the arctic tundra, and I need me some coffee. I'm excited b/c I've brought my Stumptown, and I've got me a little bit-o-this

and I'm ready to partake in my morning java experience.

Alas, there's coffee in the grinder already, so I've gotta use what's there (no worries, Stumptown and I will rendezvous tomorrow).

Coffee is brewed, and I'm getting ready to pour when I notice this rather lengthy paragraph written on the side of the carafe... A litany of "do not's"...

WARNING, TO AVOID BREAKAGE OR INJURY
Do not bump, heat empty or boil liquids in this pot
Do not clean with materials that scratch
Do not use on any rangetop or hot plate
Do not hold over people
Throw away if cracked, scratched or heated empty
Made in Germany



Do not hold over people?

Are you serious?

Yes, I believe they are!

And unfortunately, we can each imagine the (i've given up name-calling for lent, so insert your favorite adjective here that might describe people with less than a little sense and more than a gianormous hunger for big cash) people who filed a suit that prompted "Do not hold over people".

Welcome to America, people. Land of the free, home of the brave.

Speaking of welcome to America...has anyone been watching this man lately? Next to Letterman, he's my favorite late-night guy. I don't stay up as late as I used to, but thanks to the midwest's early version of primetime, even latenight comes earlier than in any other time zone. So I catch Craig from time to time.

If you're an appreciator of speech from the core of your being, and especially if you are an appreciator of what it takes to walk thru addiction, check this out. Well done, my fellow citizen. Well done.

1 comment:

Eryn said...

Shock! You're back! I'm glad.

Where are you getting stumptown out there? we loooooover stumptown. Our fave is Albina Press...mmmmm.and they just make a pretty cup of coffee, ya know? Starbucks does not even come close.

Love! E