Ahhh... here I am sitting in my favorite coffee shop, enjoying my final day home. I've been on vacation this past week, and have successfully spent the entire time with my sisters, nieces and folks. The Brother was his typical self - didn't answer his phone, didn't answer texts, and therefore didn't get together. You may think, "Seriously?!?" - and yes, seriously. But this is one of those things you learn over time: it's so not about me (or anyone else, for that matter) - it is 100% about him, and how he operates. And believe it or not, it doesn't even bug me anymore. It's sad, sure, but the journey there has gone on long enough that at this point I shrug and say "Well, I love him - he knows his stuff - and that's about all that needs to be said about that!"
The last couple of years have actually been pretty good for that realm of personal lesson. I have very much come to a place where I am living out my relationships at the place where they're really at. It's been a tough journey - but one that I see landing in a realm of greater personal health. I tend to be overly loyal, and tend to believe in people more than perhaps I ought, and in the past couple of years have pretty much gotten over myself on that one! Old habits die hard, but I'm pushing forward for greater health. Anyhow, where The Brother is concerned, it is what it is. I love him, I miss him and wish we could have seen each other, but it is what it is.
Ironically, apparently the snow followed me. My sisters and the girls and I had planned to make a trip to the coast last friday, but a foot of snow fell in the mountain range between here and the ocean, making the drive more risky than it was worth. So we went roller skating instead! Stay tuned for pictures.... ;)
I got to the beach yesterday though - hadn't seen the ocean in over two years, and I was honestly so moved when a friend offered to take us both there. What a grand day it was! Blue sky, sun, ocean, sand - glorious. Loved it! Even brought a piece-o-the-beach home with me.
And now, it's back to the grind :) A train ride to S-town today and a flight back to my place tomorrow, and the vacation is a goner! I hope to be back soon. And next time, I'll take two orders of sunshine, please.
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amen to the 2 orders of sunshine...I'd like that too, thank you very much!
It was super to see you, even if for a moment! Lots of love to you...E
Post a Comment