Friday, August 24, 2007

meme

I got tagged.
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/stories about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog

So here are eight random things about me...

1. I've traveled to 28 different countries. My heart is in Nepal...but it's also in Mozambique and the Czech Republic! :)

2. I have a beautiful Tibetan friend in Nepal whom I dearly love. She has me over for breakfast anytime I'm in the country, and when I'm not there, we exchange letters. Her most recent letter lovingly scolded me for not being married yet.... precious. This is her at the carpet factory in her refugee camp. Isn't she beautiful? Just look at that gentle smile. I love her.
3. I have a thing for Butterfinger Blizzards with a banana in it. In fact, I had one tonight :)

4. I bought my first sundress this week! Can't wait to wear it Sunday. Not sure I've ever felt so girly! And I like that :)

5. I recently swam 100 laps at the pool to burn off some stress. That was a first. It felt fabulous.

6. I'm a self-confessed Mac snob. I've gone over to the dark side and I'll never go back!

7. My biggest dream right now is to live in Tuscany for a time. I've really connected with the movie, Under The Tuscan Sun, and would love to find myself in Italy.

8. I like bikes. I own a Specialized road bike and love riding it. I also love motorcycles. When I'm in Nepal I like to rent a bike (motorcycle) and see the countryside. A friend of mine here in the midwest recently bought a bike and I am secretly jealous. We met for lunch today and he came zooming in on that thing, and it was all I could do not to snag the keys from him and take it for a ride :)

Alright, I tag LSL, Becker & Blomgren's!

PS: Today I took advantage of that free massage I won. Glorious.

2 comments:

WanderingellimaC said...

you're so cool.

Eryn said...

ok friend...time for a new post! Love you! Eryn