Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Where-o-where does it go?

My word, how time escapes me. Once again, it has been SO LONG since I've been here. The kicker is, I love to write. I journal fairly often (tho' not as much as I used to), and I feel I express myself best when I write things down. Even so, I definitely tend to stink at this whole blogging thing.

Oh well. I'm going to bypass the opportunity for self-degradation and over-contemplation about why I can't seem to get my act together, and instead I'll just start fresh.

So here's what's been going on in my neck of the woods the past several months...

Early last summer I took on a second job to go with my first job and my two Grad programs. Insane. During the summer it didn't hit me too hard, as school was on break. But come Fall, everything kicked into high gear and pretty much it was a matter of keep-your-head-above-water-or-drown. So that's what I did! (amazing what you can do when your options are squarely laid out: "sink or swim" - I chose to swim!) And honestly, I can't even say "I" did that. "I" was the one who got myself overloaded, for sure. But when it comes to pulling through those months, sanity intact, that was definitely not my doing. Honestly, there were so many times I noted my own surprise over how good I felt overall. Sure, it was taxing, but not like it should have been.

And now it's a new year, with a new schedule, and a bit of a new lease on life. I'm down to one Grad program, almost down to one job, and I feel like my head is up-for-air on a regular basis. There's still a boatload to do, but I feel like there's some wiggle-room, which is nice.

This winter/spring will be devoted to work and writing a thesis. I'm pretty stoked about both! Work will consume four weekdays and some evening/weekend time. The thesis will get attention one weekday and some evening/weekend time. And once again I'll be strumming up the social aspect of life. What a treat that will be! :)

Well, that's it from here for now. I've been pondering some things lately, so I'm sure there will be lots to talk about in the days to come. The key will be: getting back here in a timely manner :)

Hope you are doing well!

2 comments:

Blomgrens said...

Glad you're "back". Thanks for the date last night! Love you.

Eryn said...

YAYYYYY! You're back!!I Loooooove you.