Thursday, May 24, 2007

but you can call her...

I definitely haven't been here in a while. Doing two Grad programs hand-in-hand has proven to be much more work than I could have anticipated. And I realized about 3 weeks into one of the courses that it's actually a doctoral level course. I imagine it got rated a 600-level course b/c of the reading. The amount of reading per week has been out-ra-geous (best spoken with a STRONG emphasis on each part).

But hey, this course wraps up this week, and while I've loved the depth of learning, i really couldn't be happier to say "so-long" to How To Teach Online". I've had about all my little brain can handle of copyright laws and accessibility issues (though I do respect both). *sigh*

So, for those of you who know me (and let me say i do not have much of a readership at this time!), you know I once owned a different '98 Subaru Forester than the one pictured below. It was white. I've never been one to name a vehicle, but suddenly felt that this new car deserves a name. I went so far as to call upon a friend who has a long history of car naming behind her, to get some thoughts from her. Red, Ruby, and a couple of other names I've since forgotten were among the names my friend suggested. In the course of looking for a name for the new vehicle, I began to refer to the old vehicle as Whitey. Not original, but sufficient.

As a lot of good things do, a name for the new car suddenly appeared out of nowhere. I have no reason for the name, except that I just know this is what it is. Her name is Leila. For whatever reason, Leila makes me think of all things tropical, and somehow it just IS her name.

So you can call her Leila, because that is her name.

Ciao!

1 comment:

LSL said...

Hey, you've been tagged!
http://longstorylonger.blogspot.com/2007/05/
group-home-voice-and-meme.html